Taking your vitals’ baseline
To calibrate your chest-patch, you will need to take a precise heart rate and blood pressure measurement
at rest. Taking your vitals correctly will ensure the result of an accurate report:
- Use a standard regulatory-approved cuff to take your blood pressure. Both the manual and the automatic types are okay.
- Your heart rate and blood pressure at rest should be taken either simultaneously or one after the other.
- It is important to avoid smoking, coffee drinking, and exercise 1 hour prior to taking a baseline measurement. These external factors can affect your blood pressure.
- Do not forget to take any regularly prescribed medications as they may affect your vitals at rest.
- Take a few breaths and make sure you are seated for at least 5 minutes before taking your vitals.
Insert vitals baseline to your account
Once the baseline measurement has been taken, insert the corresponding vitals to the fields shown on the app screen.
- Heart Rate - The number of heartbeats per unit of time (Beats per minute/BPM).
- Blood Pressure - Blood pressure is the pressure of circulating blood against the walls of blood vessels.
- Systolic- maximum pressure during one heartbeat.
- Diastolic - minimum pressure between two heartbeats.
We recommend taking an additional measurement to guarantee the results are fully optimized.